Thursday, February 12, 2009

Versatile Salad Dressing to Keep on Hand in the Fridge


Most store-bought salad dressings are loaded with artificial and unhealthy ingredients, including high-fructose corn syrup. A great tip is to make a large batch of salad dressing that is versatile that you can keep on hand for quick salad prep. I have used this dressing for coleslaw, salads for lunch, and served it to many people. It's very popular!
My friend, Catherine, shared this recipe with me and I've enjoyed it so much.


Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing

1 raw egg
1/4 cups honey
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 yellow onion whole
2 cups corn oil
3 tablespoons poppy seeds

In blender, put in all ingredients through onion. Process and then slowly add corn oil and fold in poppy seeds. Put dressing in container (canning jar) and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

You might be thinking...corn oil? I've tried to make this with olive oil and it became very thick. I had to throw it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment