I can't go without my salad spinner. My favorite is the OXO brand because it's sturdy. I've had it for a long time.
To wash lettuce leaves.
- Cut the bottom to free the leaves from the core.
- Rinse the leaves with cold water over the basket insert.
- Place the basket back in the bowl and dry with the spinner. Try not to overfill.
- Pack the leaves for the refrigerator in a resealable plastic bag with paper towels to absorb moisture.
To wash spinach, herbs and other greens.
- Fill a bowl with cold water.
- Places spinach leaves, herbs, chard or other greens in the water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to let the sand and dirt fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Pull the greens out of the water and put in the basket to drain most of the water.
- Dry with the salad spinner.
- Pack the lettuce leaves in a resealable plastic bag with paper towels to absorb moisture.