Last night at book club my friend, Megan, brought a salad to share and it was so delicious, light, and fresh. She made it when she got home from work and before book club so you know it was really easy for her to whip up. You could serve this easy side with grilled burgers or chicken breasts.
Tomato, Cucumber, and Feta Salad (contributed by Megan Fitzpatrick)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 large hot house cucumber or two small
- 4 oz container of crumbled feta of choice
- Coarsley chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Equal part extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squirt of brown mustard
- 1 tsp. crushed dried Italian herbs
- Slice tomatoes in half and salt. Peel, slice in half, seed (with a small spoon), and cut into half-moons the cucumber. Place in colander or strainer with tomatoes. Rough chop the parsley.
- Make the dressing and set aside. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley to a bowl.
- Gently stir in feta. Add dressing in preferred quantity. Stir gently. Serve. Reserve dressing separately if not serving shortly.
I estimate that you can make this salad in 15-minutes. Of course, everything is easier when you have a proper knife. Check out my previous post on reasons to buy a better chef knife and know how to use it properly.