I made this smoked salmon on toast breakfast last week in 5-minutes and it was refreshing, nutritious, and really hit the spot after my workout. I often eat this breakfast with slices of tomatoes, which makes it a bit heartier. Serve this with a side of fruit and you have a balanced breakfast!
Smoked Salmon on Toast with Cream Cheese and Fresh Dill
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 2 tbs light cream cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (I used seed, multi-grain from Whole Foods)
- 1 slice red onion
- 1 tbs chopped fresh dill (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Fresh pepper
- Optional: tomato slices
- Toast bread. Chop fresh dill.
- Spread cream cheese on toasted bread. Top with onion slices. Add smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper. Serve with lemon wedge and tomato slices, if desired.
Entertaining Idea: This is a wonderful brunch item to serve guests for a party. You can put out a platter of smoked salmon and garnish with lemons, red onion and tomato slices, capers, and fresh dill. Your guest can assemble their own creations. You can serve a variety of breads or bagels and move your toaster to the buffet table. Also serve fruit on the side like orange slices, strawberries, or melon. For beverages, serve with mimosas, coffee, and water with lemon slices.