To pair with the soup, I made Mini Salmon Cakes and was again inspired by the fresh spinach from my box. I tossed the spinach leaves with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Like in my previous post about making meatballs under the broiler, I decided to try these salmon cakes under the broiler. It was a snap! They didn't fall apart and held their shape!
Mini Salmon Cakes over Spinach and Cherry Tomato Salad (serves 4-5)
- 1 (7 1/2-ounce) can red salmon Trader Joe's
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 5 cupss fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 wedges lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain salmon. In a mixing bowl, combine salmon with veggies and seasonings through panko. Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Preheat broiler.
- Form salmon cakes to about 10 cakes and place on the cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Spray cakes with cooking spray and cook under the broiler for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, toss spinach leaves with cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss. Serve 1 1/4 cup on a plate and set aside.
- Turn salmon cakes over and spray again with cooking spray. Return under the broiler for 2 minutes. Serve on top of spinach salad with a lemon wedge.
For information on Timber Creek Farms to get organic produce delivered to your front door, call Marilyn Dollar 773-279-9585. She will help you decide on what to order!