Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the Road Again...Don't Leave Home Without These Travel Essentials

I spent the evening packing for my trip tomorrow. I'm going back home to see my family in Northern California. I used to travel all the time for business. These days, I hardly travel, but I have my packing routine to a science! When I'm on the road, I pack things that I can use to keep my healthy lifestyle in check. Here are a few tips that may help you on your next trip, whether your going business or pleasure.

Meals & Snacks/Carry-on:
  • Refillable, durable water bottle empty the bottle before you go through security and you can wash the bottle throughout your trip, fill up at water fountains, and save lots money on buying bottled water at the airport.
  • Non-perishable snacks like dried fruit and individual packaged trail mix (shown above) are great because they don't spoil and it's better than buying an expensive or unhealthy snack. Granola is another good idea. You can always find yogurt on the go so you can top it with granola for a quick breakfast.
  • Individual packed wet wipes are great for cleaning your hands after a flight or when there is no soap in public restrooms. I like natural, non-drying varieties.
  • Your iPOD filled with energizing music for workouts is a good idea. I also make sure it's synced with podcasts and fully charged the night before.
  • Meal for flight - don't forget to pack a nutritious meal. I go for a sandwich or salad with fruit. I use disposable containers so I don't have to bring them back with me. Or try these ideas.

Exercise Gear:

  • Sneakers for touring around and you can jog or walk anywhere in the hotel treadmill or city sidewalks.
  • Resistance band doesn't take much space and you can do lot of different exercises in a small space with a band. Check these band exercises out for ideas.
  • Exercise clothing I pack 2 sets of exercise gear and socks and bring linen spray to freshen them. You can use hangers to let them dry after your workout.

Checked Luggage:

  • Sunscreen is essential for protecting your skin. I pack it every time and make sure it's not too old so it is still effective.
  • Vitamins help you keep your energy. You may be getting less restful sleep at a hotel or simply being exposed on planes and public transportation to germs so having your vitamins with you is a good idea.
  • My heart monitor is small enough to pack and I don't exercise without it.

If you have more travel ideas and essentials please send me an email. I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment