Thursday, April 30, 2009

Like Apple Pie? Try this Yummy Shake Before Your Next Workout


My coworker friend, Rob Neff, has been following the blog and as you can see from his picture, he's a active athletic person. He loves to race his bike outdoors in the mud! And biking in the mud takes a lot of energy! He shared this shake recipe with me for all of you to try. I really love apple pie so I can't wait to try it myself!

Apple Pie Shake
Try this before your workout to give you the stamina to challenge yourself.
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/3 cup organic canned apple pie filling
  • 3 tbs crumbled whole wheat graham crackers

Nutrition: 245 calories, 21.5g protein, 37g carbs, 1.5g fat

Rob recommends this shake for fast-digesting protein and branched-chain amino acids found in whey to fuel your body for your workout and increase blood flow to your muscles to workout longer. The shake also has slow-digesting carbs (apple pie filling and crackers) for long-lasting energy, which prevents insulin level spikes. Insulin spikes actually slow the fat burning process.

This shake is a great option for you and in his words "super yummy!" Give it a try and tell us what you think.

For more smoothie recipes, check out my February post. And if you have a recipe you'd like to share, send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment