Saturday, April 4, 2009

This Breakfast Has Me California Dreaming...

I'm leaving to visit my family in California in a few days and it's all I can think about because my breakfast was inspired by my home state flavors.

I was using up my sauteed mushrooms and avocado from last night's dinner and it turned out well. Try this breakfast out for something different. I'm going to the gym later this morning so I thought it would be a great preworkout breakfast to give me long lasting energy.

Avocado-Mushroom and Smoked Mozzarella Breakfast Burrito (serves 1)

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sauteed cremini (or Potabella) mushrooms
  • 3 slices avocado, light salted
  • 2 tbs shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
  • 8-inch flour tortilla
  • 1 tbs salsa verde
Preparation:
  • Preheat skillet on medium heat.
  • Crack eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk with a fork.
  • Coat skillet with cooking spray and add eggs. Scramble.
  • Warm sauteed mushrooms (in the microwave for 30 seconds)
  • Warm tortilla (in microwave for 25 seconds). Add avocado slices on tortilla, then layer with mushrooms, scrambled eggs, and top with shredded cheese.
  • Add salsa verde or hot sauce, if desired.

This breakfast is really easy and the combination of the buttery avocado and the smokey cheese is great with the eggs in the morning. After eating this breakfast, I was able to run longer, both in mileage and time. It is a great power breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment