Saturday, October 16, 2010

Family Photos and End-of-Summer Remembered



I can't believe I haven't shared these pictures yet! I was on the computer the other day and looked through them again and it reminded me of that beautiful, balmy summer day at Butler University's campus that we took these pictures. We did this shoot at the end of August when Ava was about 5 1/2 months old. She was in a fantastic mood that day. We went all over the campus to different spots and she was a trooper through all of it!



I'm working on a photo memory book that starts with my pregnancy/maternity photos, then goes to Ava's birth, then shows the first 6 months of her life with us. No doubt these pictures will be a great addition to the book! Here's a look back at our family photos: maternity, 10 days old, and 2 1/2 weeks old.



Our friend also shot my nursing photos with Ava that afternoon, which I was so excited to document because we spend a lot of time together nursing and I wanted Ava to have pictures. I've heard about moms that use nursing photos for their toddlers when they're "gently" weaning. The moms share the photos with their toddler explaining that nursing was very special for both of them since they were born and now it's time for them to grow up a little more. Also, my photos will be part of a project called Nursing is Normal, an initiative to show public nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment