Friday, August 20, 2010

What To Do With the Bottom of the Bag of Corn Chips

Earlier this week, I made spicy guacamole and we got to the bottom of the corn chip bag. I couldn't throw it away. It's not so much about being frugal, but I hate wasting things. I really like to find other uses for things to avoid waste.

Ever wonder what to do with the tiny broken pieces of corn chips at the bottom of the bag? They're definitely not good for dipping, that's for sure. So at the risk of sounding like a complete nerd (I have Aaron's voice in my head!), I'll share my tip. I sprinkle the small corn chip pieces on the top of a green salad. It gives the salad a little crunch and salty flavor. Here's a picture of our salads from last night. It especially tasted good with the veggies - tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and avocado chunks.

Another salad topper that I'm famous for is green pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and sunflower seeds. I love seeds in my salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment