Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Summer Walk

Today, we took a family walk in the Fort Harrison State Park about 15 minutes from our house. It was our first time there. We all piled in the car, including Bena. It was a great walk especially because the trees kept the path very cool. Ava is such a warm baby that I'm always looking out for her overheating.

For the first time we had Ava in the stroller without the carseat. She leaned back and relaxed. I used my nursing cover to protect Ava from the sun when we were walking toward it. That worked really well. She was awake the entire time and looked at the trees as we went by. We did a 3-mile, 1-hour walk and part of it was pretty hilly which was great for me pushing the stroller. I want to keep the momentum of losing the pregnancy soft belly. Yesterday, I took Ava on a walk on our street, which is very hilly. It's a great workout and she loves it! I think she'll like living in forest area where we live. I don't have time to do spin class or go to the gym with taking care of the baby so walks are a great workout for me because I'm either pushing Ava or carrying her in the Baby Bjorn. I do use my arms and abs for all that including just carrying her in general.

During the walk, we took a break by the water for Bena to swim. She overheats easily, too! While Aaron took Bena for a swim, Ava had a little snack. She wasn't too hungry so we kept going. It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

We've been either hosting friends or family or on the road for events for the past 7 weeks so this weekend we relaxed and enjoyed the downtime. It was exactly what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment