Thursday, July 8, 2010

Freezing Time

This morning I was getting ready for work and looking down at Ava while she was snoozing and I thought to myself (1) take a picture of that and (2) how can I freeze time? I've been back at work already 8 weeks and it's amazing that now that Ava is turning 4 months old on Monday, I'm getting a little panicked that time is going to move faster than it already is with all the activities and well...life. I've been in a baby bliss. I called it my baby moon when we first got home from the hospital and we had our first weekend together with our new little family.

Now that I'm back at work at separated from our little snuggler, I always try to cherish every moment that we're all together. Nothing makes me happier that to be together with Aaron, Ava, and Bena. I guess because all my adult life, I knew that I'd become a mom one day when it was at the right time with the right person. And now that it's all here happening, I'm so overwhelmed by how absolutely blessed I feel and completely in love with being a wife and mother.

Here's Ava at 4 days old on the left and the picture on the right is the one that I was urged to take this morning before I left for work. She's grown leaps and bounds. You can see her chub on her legs and tummy. She was born with full cheeks, but now her face is a little round and she's developed the "Volarvich cheeks."

We are having a blast together and I know it will get better all the time.

1 comment:

  1. She really is getting big. And yes it goes get better all the time. Each stage is special.

    ReplyDelete