Friday, May 8, 2009

Don't Panic....Last Minute Mother's Day Ideas

Mother's Day is Sunday May 10! If you don't have it covered, don't worry...Read this.

I just came back from visiting my mom and family back home in California a few weeks ago. Here's a picture of me and my mom on the super fun day we spent with my aunt Liberty. I'm lucky to have 3 moms in my life. I have a step-mom and a mother-in-law, too. So mother's day celebrations and gift giving takes a bit of preparation.

First off, you have to call your mom, if you're not planning to see her on Mother's Day. Unless you're in coma in the hospital, there is no excuse!

Last minute gift ideas...

  • Cook her a special meal: Moms just want to relax on Mother's Day. Bring over the ingredients and make something simple. She will appreciate the effort. Here's some meals ideas from my low-key Valentine's Day dates.
  • Gift certificate to spa or mani/pedi: This is perfect for any mom, especially the mom's that are hard to buy for. I have one of those! Who doesn't enjoy a massage or spa mani/pedicure? You can drop by a spa near her house on your way to see her. Or check out Spa Finder for locations that she can pick from. Drop a quick note in her card that she has a gift cerficate coming.
  • Magazine subscription for her favorite interest/hobby: It is the gift that keeps on giving. You can pick up that mag and bring it with you to see your mom or make a little certificate in Word and drop it in her card. Check out these deals from Time Warner to get the employee discount on mags including Cooking Light, Southern Living, Real Simple, People and others. The deal is valid through June 26 - good for Father's Day too!
  • Try an experience gift: This is very popular in the Berkey family. Many times the kids pool together for tickets to a concert, musical, play and lunch/dinner spending money. You can think of a sneak way to find out if your mom is free that day and show her the printout of the tickets.

Tell me your last minute gift ideas. Leave a comment or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment