|The Roman Numeral Installation outside of my office building.|
|Georgia Street – constructed in time for Super Bowl.|
|Minced black olives make the flavor more evenly distributed.|
|All 7-Layers complete|
The entire city has been enjoying the Super Bowl Village and NFL experience. The zip line has been the major attraction along with the temporary party tents and outdoor live concerts. The Host Committee has also added breast cancer awareness and even the first ever lactation room in the village. It's been wonderful that they have planned for families!
We're heading to a friend's house to watch the game and I just made Mexican 7-Layer Dip. It's a recipe that my step-mom made when I was growing up for all the pool parties we'd have with the neighbors. I make it in a casserole dish so it serves a crowd. The dip has lots of flavor and the difference is taco seasoning is mixed in the sour cream.
Mexican 7-Layer Dip
Serves a crowd
- 1-14oz can refried beans
- 1-16oz container sour cream
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 small packet of taco seasoning (or use a blend of chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-14oz can of whole black olives, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread refried beans, guacamole, in the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Mix taco seasoning with sour cream and spread on top of the guacamole.
- Add diced tomatoes, green onions, olives, and shredded cheddar cheese.
It's really easy to make and the dip is always a crowd pleasure!