Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Freezer Meals Exchange First Meet-up

What each person took home this week!
This week kicked off our first freezer meals exchange group. We met on Monday night at Anna's house. Anna is our organizer and I'm thrilled to take part. Four moms, including myself, participated this month. We cooked, froze, and packaged meals, which we transported to Anna's house. Here's a look at the first set of meals:

  • From Windy: Healthy BBQ Chicken (slow cooker) served over penne pasta. Mini cheesecakes (cherry or chocolate chip) for dessert.
  • From Anna: Orange Veggie soup with Beer Cheese Bread and pretzel white chocolate bark for dessert.
  • From Rachel: Sun-dried Tomato Spinach Feta Bake and Chocolate Revel bars for dessert.
  • I made Sweet Potato-Black Bean Enchiladas with Red Sauce and Glazed Carrots side dish.
Each person left with each of these meals! Look at the spread! Since Rachel cooked her meal on the day of the exchange and it was fresh, I baked her casserole last night for dinner. It was really tasty! I appreciated how easy it was to pop that in the oven when I got home from work. I made a green salad, cut fruit and sliced bread for the complete meal. Aaron tried the casserole, but his food aversions made it hard for him to eat it. But we ALL loved the chocolate revel bars. I'm glad to have the casserole for my own lunches this week. I really liked it.

Since I'm already doing bulk cooking for the exchange, I plan to add one or two extra meals for my own freezer. We're heading to Aaron's sister's house in a few weeks after our new niece is born so I'm planning on bringing an extra frozen meal to them! I figure with all the families I know there are plenty of people that can use an extra hand.

Here's the full menu and recipes that we exchanged. For next month's menu, I'm going to try The Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti. I've heard it's amazing and it will freeze well. I'm excited to host our next meet-up in March!


No comments:

Post a Comment