Monday, June 14, 2010

Quick and Easy Dinner: Crispy Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce

This week, I made a really good and fast fish dinner, inspired by the fresh dill that I had in the fridge. And you can see from this picture that I enjoyed it with a glass of Kim Crawford Sauvinogn Blanc. Unfortunately, I had to scarf it down because the baby was hungry and she wanted to nurse. It's always a short window that I have to eat these days with the baby!

I used the Cooking Light April 2010 recipe Crispy Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce. The fish is coated with panko, Japanese-style breadcrumbs, and smoked paprika, then topped with a freshlemon-dill tarter sauce. It's a great recipe, but I didn't use a broiler pan, which made my fish soft. I should have used that to ensure that the fish would crisp. The air flow under the pan helps makes the fish get crispy.

Easy Prep: Here is a picture of the breading process. I setup a station on the countertop from left to right. 1) the fish seasoned with salt and pepper, 2) buttermilk or egg, 3) seasoned breadcrumbs, and 4) coated, prepped baking sheet.

I served the fish with steamed snap peas and brown rice. The fish I used is Orange Roughy from Trader Joe's. It's in the frozen section and the fish comes in an orange bag. I stay away from farm-raised fish to avoid mercury exposure and this fish is wild caught. It reheats well for leftovers without turning hard or gummy. Many times, I'll use this Orange Roughy for fish tacos because it flakes easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment