I really like the banana energy bars and it only takes 10 minutes of prep and bakes in just 25 minutes. In that short amount of time, you can have 12 servings. That is a great value of time!
Try these energy bars for a snack with milk before/after a workout. They pack easily to have on-the-go. Check out my previous post for more ideas on packable snacks. They are sweet enough for kids to enjoy. I've given these to my friends and family and everyone really likes them.
Banana-Oat Energy Bars
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (use 2 large)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tbs vegetable or coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
2 tbs ground flaxseed
1 1/4 cup regular oats
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or roasted sunflower seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour - salt)
- Beat bananas through egg at medium speed in a stand mixer until blended.
- Add oat mixture to the banana mixture.
- Spread mixture in 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool completely.