The reason why breakfast burritos are so easy is because you don't have to toast bread, they're portable, and the egg makes them really nutritious. My easy breakfast burrito has 2 eggs, shredded cheese, over a smear of refried beans and a dash of hot sauce.
Here is my foolproof way to efficiently cook and pack your breakfast burrito.
What you need:
- 1 tortilla (8-inch) multigrain, wheat or flour
- 2 eggs
- Shredded cheddar
- Refried beans
- Hot sauce
- Plastic wrap
- Paper towel
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat a small skillet to medium heat.While the skillet is preheating, pull out the eggs, cheese, hot sauce and tortilla from the fridge.
- When the skillet is warm, coat skillet with cooking spray and add eggs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Break yolks as the eggs to scramble to cook even faster.
- Use a large size paper towel and place tortilla. Add a smear of refried beans and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Set aside by the skillet.
- In the microwave, heat tortilla for 30-45 seconds on High.
- Add cooked eggs on top of the beans and cheese tortilla. Roll the sides up and then use a small sheet of foil to wrap half the burrito, exposing one side open to eat it on the go. OR for packing to reheat at work, just wrap it in plastic wrap.
Let me know what you think!